High attendance is a major predictor for academic success. At Fawkner Primary School, we strive to ensure that students have the best opportunities to learn.
Our student attendance policy aims:
- To address student absenteeism to state means or below.
- To accurately account for all student absences.
- To provide information/education for parents and students on the importance of education and full school attendance.
- To develop strategies for the identification of and early intervention for students who are at risk of developing poor attendance patterns.
- To provide support and strategies for parents, students and teachers to improve student attendance.
- To inform families about the changes to Education, Training and Reform Act of 2006 regarding compulsory school enrolment attendance.
To read the full policy, click here: Student Attendance Policy