Fawkner Primary School is committed to providing safe, secure, supportive and high quality learning and development opportunities for every student. Our students can only reach their full educational potential when they feel happy, healthy and safe, and when there is a positive school culture that is fair and respectful to everybody. We aim to provide an education that helps children learn positive educational and life skills, where the children are challenged and encouraged to explore and learn more, where the children learn how to have a direct involvement in their own learning, and where they are encourage to achieve success and to establish positive patterns that will serve them for the rest of their lives.
Our school beliefs are:
- that all children have the right to a quality education
- that we have a responsibility to help each child achieve to their maximum potential
- that education for this generation of children is vastly different to that of previous generations
- that children learn in different ways
- that every child is different
- that we should cater for the learning styles, needs and abilities of every child
- that education has a great chance of succeeding when the children are motivated to learn from within themselves, rather than others telling them what they have to learn.
We want the children to achieve:
- to learn how to be good quality citizens, both now and for the future
- to be able to survive and thrive in the 21st century
- to be capable and independent learners who can help themselves learn
- to be logical and independent thinkers who can make their own decisions
- to be able to read well
- to be able to write well (using ICT as well as handwriting)
- to be able to use numbers and mathematical workings to work out what they need
- to be able to work confidently with rapidly changing technology, hardware and programs.