We understand that this is a trying time for everyone all around the world. To try and make it a little less challenging, we have included a list of things that could assist with helping your child/children in working from home.
- Keep school work and relaxing time separate from each other. Allow a set time for children to work on the tasks that their teachers have prepared, yet let your children have time to relax and their minds to unwind.
- Make sure that you have plenty of healthy snacks for your children to eat during the day. Keeping healthy during this time is very important. Some treats are ok sometimes.
- Exercise. Allow at least 20-30 minutes every day to do some exercise. This helps to clear the mind and prepare for the next learning activity.
- Have set break times for your children. Keep them in some form of routine.
- Talk to your children. Let them FaceTime family members in another suburb/country. Check-in with them and ask if they are doing ok.
- Have a set area where your children can work from each day. Sitting on the couch in front of the TV is not the best position.
Allow time during the day to meditate/relax. This will help your children to unwind from having to work from home. A great website for this is https://www.smilingmind.com.au/. Join in with them!
Below are some links and learning tasks that you and your children can complete from home:
Reading Eggs – https://readingeggs.com.au/login1/
Kids News – https://www.kidsnews.com.au/
BTN (Behind The News) – https://www.abc.net.au/btn/
Math Playground – https://www.mathplayground.com/